Cobh Municipal District Streetscape Painting, Signage & Improvement Scheme 2018
Cobh Municipal District of Cork County Council is pleased to announce the following schemes to promote town centre regeneration and business growth in Cobh, Carrigtwohill and Glanmire town centres for 2018:
- Tenants or owners of buildings can avail of a grant of up to 50% of the full cost of painting the facades along the street which may include paint, labour, scaffold/ hoist and other materials etc. Priority will be given to full facade i.e. shop fronts and overhead. Two quotations from registered painting contractors will be required.
- Applications on a full street basis (10 or more adjacent buildings on one street) will be prioritised over individual applications. If a full street comes together a grant of 60% will be provided.
- Tenants or owners of buildings in the Town Centre can avail of a grant of up to 50% of the costs of replacing existing plastic, neon & printed signs etc. with ‘‘Heritage Type Signs’’.
- A contribution to a maximum of 100% will be paid towards the cost of materials where it is proposed the tenant/owner will undertake the works themselves.
- Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 20th July.
- As funding for the scheme is limited, applications will be processed on a “first come first served” basis
Application forms and further details of the Scheme can be obtained from Cobh Municipal District, Carrig House, Cobh on 021 4811307 or email@example.com