School Clothing and Footwear Allowance
The Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance helps meet the cost of uniforms and footwear for children going to school.
You may qualify for the Back to School Allowance if you are:
- Getting a social welfare payment (including Working Family Payment and Back to Work Family Dividend) or a Health Service Executive payment, or
- Taking part in an approved employment scheme (back to work scheme) or
- Taking part in a recognised education or training course, or
- Involved in an Area Partnership Scheme, or
- Attending a FET (formerly Fás), Fáilte Ireland or LES training scheme
Application Forms for the scheme are available from the 22 June 2018.
The closing date for applications is 30 September 2018.
The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection is responsible for operating the scheme
Where to apply:
Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance application forms will be available from 22nd June at:
- Local Intreo Centre,
- Local Social Welfare Office, or
- Online at welfare.ie
Assistance with the application:
You can get help with the form contact your Intreo / Social Welfare Office.
Completed applications with supporting documentation should be returned to:
Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection
Social Welfare Services (SC&FA)
Post Code F91 T384
Telephone – Locall: 1890 66 22 44