Cork County Council has issued a call for applications for its Municipal Districts, Creative Communities Scheme 2018.
The Creative Communities Scheme will provide €150,000 funding to support the development of new community based arts projects in the Municipal District areas in the County.
This funding scheme promotes a partnership model of working, encouraging community groups to work with arts organisations and individual artists to develop arts and cultural projects at local level. The scheme aims to provide support for new ideas and ways of working that will promote access to the arts and increase public participation and involvement in creative activity.
The scope of the scheme is wide ranging and allows for proposals projects that will meet at least one of the following objectives:
- Enhance community participation in the arts and foster a culture of creativity in the community
- Develop new opportunities for co-operation between community and cultural interest groups.
- Improve or support access to the arts for any of the following: children and young people, ethnic minorities, disadvantaged, older people, people with disabilities etc.
- Develop opportunities for the creative artist to work in the community or provide an opportunity for the community to work with a regional or national arts organisation
- Have a significant impact in community life. For example, through a public event, in the visual enhancement of an area, or in new ways of working among local art organisations etc
The closing date for applications is Friday July 20th. For further information and to apply see www.corkcoco.ie or contact the Cork County Council Arts Office at 021 4346210 email: firstname.lastname@example.org